The next-gen consoles from Microsoft and Sony are almost upon us! Just in time for all of us (including Dave) to jump ship to the loving arms of the superior PC gaming side of things.
- Slimmed down iPad air
- iPad mini w/retina
- OS X Mavericks released… and it’s free!
- New MBPs w/Haswell, longer battery life and slightly lower prices
- MacPro gets priced starting at $2999
- iWork apps now free with new Macs
- Nexus 5
- Android 4.4 “KitKat”
- Despite Google’s claims that 4.4 was rewritten to perform much better on ‘lower-end’ devices (512mb of RAM), the Galaxy Nexus is EOL’d – 4.3 is the last official stop.
- Surface 2 released… Now with dual-position kickstand!
- Windows 8.1 released for free to existing Windows 8 users. According to Microsoft “this is not a service pack”.
- AMD releases the R9 290x, first Hawaii based GPU processor to rule them all.
- nVidia announces the 780 Ti and price drops for the 780 and 770.
- nVidia unveils G-Sync monitor technology.
- nVidia Tegra 5 said to outform a PS3. Off a 2W TDP chip.
PS4 FAQ guide from Sony.
So no media love for the PS4, at launch at least.
Titanfall won’t be coming to PS4 according to EA.
Nintendo just can’t stop selling Wii-U’s flying off the shelves.
Valve declares Steam is now bigger than Xbox Live.
Command & Conquer cancelled.
Games start migrating from GFWL to Steamworks before GFWL closure.
SNK, Tommo and the Neo Geo X drama.
Street Fighter 2 development tidbits released by lead developer.