Topic of the Week: Marketing is ruining games.
a) Halo 4 and the Mountain Dew/Doritos gate.
b) Halo 4 gives you points for more playtime.
c) Purchasing review scores. (Although this is believed to be fake).
d) Season Pass this, season pass that. Buy half a game and get the rest later.
e) Half finshed games like Black Ops Declassified. Also remember the Rockster PS3 exclusive Agent?
Disney buys Lucasfilm, announces plans to cash in on Star Wars
- Management Shakeup
- Scott Forstall fired over iOS Maps and Siri fails
- Retail chief John Browett fired
- Jony Ive takes control of user experience on both iOS and OS X – Say goodbye to faux stitched leather and green felt interfaces.
- New Products
- iPad mini
- 7.9” 1024 x 768 non-retina display
- 16 GB starting at $329
- 4th-Gen iPad
- New A6X processor
- Lightning port
- iPad mini
- 13” MBP with Retina
- Ultra-thin (at the edges) iMac design (May be delyed until 2013)
- Fusion drive
- HTC-Apple settle patent dispute; Samsung wants to know more.
- Windows 8 Launched.
- Surface with Windows RT.
- Windows chief Steven Sinofsky leaving.
Phillips release USB powered monitor.
Samsung Galaxy S3 sells 30 million units in 157 days.
Wii U Released
New Xbox 360 Dashboard + SmartGlass
Battlefield is 10. 1942 now free on Origin.
Grand Theft Auto V second trailer released.
Steam for Linux reaches beta.