The Widget: Games, Tech, Whatever… NOW IN COLOR!
Our giant debut live video show thing. We apologize in advance for shattering anyone’s dreams about what we look like.
Show notes below.
- iOS 6 Previewed
- MBP w/Retina Display
- Apple releases dedicated Podcast app for iOS
- Chinese iPad trademark suit settled for $60 million
- First App Store malware found.
Google (IO 2012):
- Nexus Q media hub (for $299!?)
- Nexus7 7” tablet running Android 4.1
- Project Glass Demonstration
- Chrome hits iOS.
- Google Drive hits over 10 million users.
Microsoft (Surface Announcement):
- Surface tablet. Bill Gates gives it the thumbs up but HP reportedly dumps plans for Win RT tablet following Surface announcement. MS believe tablets will outsell PC’s in 2013.
- Windows Phone 8
- Windows 8 early upgrade pricing at $40 for download, $70 for media.
- No Small Business of Home Server versions of Windows Server 2012.
- Record quarterly profits of £3.8 Billion/$5.9 Billion for Samsung and now the worlds biggest smartphone manufacturer. As a consequence HTC suffers. Rumours of Amazon about to enter the smartphone market too.
Patent Wars – Who cares anymore.
- Galaxy Nexus pulled off the market due to copyright claim from Apple. Then it comes back, but Google unsure for how long.
- 7970 Gigahertz Edition Released. Fastest single GPU card available but there is a reason why.
- Colorful planning a passively cooled GTX 680. Craziness!
- Pulls the plug on Flash for mobile.
- Firefox OS (Boot2Gecko) to release in 2013 for mobile phones
- Ceases all development on the Thunderbird mail client.
EU Court Rulings
- ACTA anti-piracy agreement denied by EU.
- EU rules in favour of UsedSoft in case of reselling Oracle digital licences.
Nintendo announces 3DS XXXL; Circle Pad Pro (massive edition) coming as well.
Nintendo Wii-U tech specs.
Microsoft Xbox 8?
Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC arrives.
Nights HD to arrive in the fall.